|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.|
W. Brown & Associates (WBAIS) is an independently owned Wholesale Insurance Broker & Managing General Agent (MGA), headquartered in Irvine California. Founded by a group led by William Brown in 1987, the company's initial market was Aviation insurance, however over time W. Brown & Associates expanded into the adjacent Property & Casualty insurance market in addition to its aviation insurance products.
Property & Casualty Edit
W. Brown & Associates Property & Casualty Insurance Services was established in 1988 with the following Business Groups: General Liability, Property, Professional Liability, Personal Lines, Earthquake, & Pollution. In 1991 W. Brown & Associates established a Transportation Department.
In 2007, Business Insurance named W. Brown & Associates the sixth largest Property & Casualty Managing General Agent in the United States based on written premiums of $220,000,000 for the year
In May 2010, W. Brown & Associates acquired Vulcan E&S.
Trade Organizations Edit
W. Brown & Associates is a member of The American Association of Managing General Agents which represents members' interests before the federal, state and local governmental and regulatory agencies. Additionally, W. Brown & Associates is a member of the National Association of Surplus Lines Offices
Charitable Giving Edit
W. Brown has given to the following: The Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation (IICF), Derek Hughes Educational Foundation
- ↑ http://www.xlinsurance.com/xli/share/PressRelease_Detail.jsp?id=92&lobbyname=news
- ↑ http://www.generalaviationnews.com/?p=5552
- ↑ http://www.catlin.com/cgl/media/press_releases/pr_2009/02-05-09/
- ↑ http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2009/02/05/97615.htm
- ↑ http://www.businessinsurance.com/article/99999999/PAGES/1161
- ↑ http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/west/2010/04/28/109337.htm
- ↑ http://www.iicf.org/supporters/index.php
- ↑ http://22.214.171.124/imispublic/pdf/dhef08.pdf